ACTIONAID South Africa
CHILD SPONSORSHIP OFFICER
Type of contract: Open Ended Contact
Location: Mokopane, Limpopo
A total cost to company package starting at R192’600 per annum is offered
Action Aid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of Actionaid International, a federation of 47 country programmes around the world working to end global poverty and inequality. AASA has a vibrant and rapidly expanding programmes team.
AASA is looking to recruit Child Sponsorship Officer to join in the Child Sponsorship Unit to support the team in delivering its range of child sponsorship work in designated Local Rights Programmes (LRPs) in liaison with CS unit and the Head of Fundraising
Main duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Ensures timely preparation and dispatch of sponsorship materials for the assigned LRPs
- Provide support in the production and layout of community thematic reports, standard letters, ad hoc mailings and all other agreed on materials.
- Participate in New LRP start-ups and undertake a sponsorship appraisal of the area.
- Participate in the training of other staff on NK system
- Manage NK database regularly
- Plan and coordinate appropriate training programmes for sponsorship, partner and volunteer training on child sponsorship policies
- Write Progress Reports and Newsletters
- Supports in the dissemination of sponsorship policies and activities to partners and community members
- Builds the capacity of other staff and partners on sponsorship policies, procedures and activities
- Responds to routine enquiries from sponsors and relevant stakeholders
- Works with LRP partner(s) to develop and fund community annual development plans and budgets
- Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies and Rural development
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in community development programmes
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in relevant funding and child development work
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences:
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports to agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills in English and local languages
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability and preparedness to travel and work in difficult conditions
- Negotiation skills
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- Commitment to ActionAid International’s mission, vision and values as well as relief and development work.
- Experience/Knowledge of the civil society / international NGO environment would be an advantage
- Has personal direction and is not easily sidetracked by details or workload.
Behavioural Competencies and skills:
- Motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Proactive communicator, able to build relationships and provide support across a range of work areas
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work on a number of projects at once
- Attracts, motivates and develops employees
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Strong cross cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles
Please send your CV and a one page motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 21 July 2017. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have received feedback within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ActionAid South Africa will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.